Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated my Ipad with IOS8 and now my documents on Pages cannot be opened.

After upgrading my IPad to IOS8 and Pages I am unable to retrieve my documents on Pages.

iPad, iOS 8, PAGES DOCUMENTS

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 12:20 PM

14 replies

Sep 20, 2014 9:15 PM in response to mademoto

I am having the same problem. The documents show up just fine in my iPhone 5. I'm only having this issue on the iPad mini (so far). I updated both to iOS 8 when it was released this week, and made the mistake of upgrading to iCloud drive before I realized it wasn't ready for prime time. I took both devices down to the local Apple store in the mall. I was told that this issue is due to the fact that the devices cannot sync right now and won't be able to do so until OS X Yosemite is released in October 😮

Sep 21, 2014 6:53 AM in response to cajuncocoa

I have an iphone 5 and I did not update any of my devices to icloud drive. However iworks pages app and ai writer do not show my icloud documents. This is very frustrating and a serious problem for me because I use the app professionally as part of my work flow. The pages app may crash on start up and or it will switch icloud off in its settings. When I re-enable it does nothing and states "no documents". Then it selects icloud selector back to the off position in settings. I have done everything to try and fix this. Its as if it simply can not communicate with icloud. i reset my iphone and more no change.

Sep 21, 2014 7:16 PM in response to modern artist

I also have an iPod that was not updated to iOS 8 due to space constraints....I thought that might be the answer to my prayers...maybe I'd be able to access my documents through my iPod that wasn't updated. Nope. Since I updated to the newer version of Pages, I can't have the older version of Pages for my iPod. Furthermore, I cannot take the Pages app off of my iPod now that I tried to add it on.

This is ridiculous!!!

Sep 30, 2014 7:08 AM in response to modern artist

Installed ios 8 update 8.0.2 still no change. Cannot access icloud documents via pages of Ai Writer for ios. This issue has proved to be a serious inconvenience forcing me to have to take my macbook pro with me instead of using my ios device to edit and update my important documents.

is there anything I can do to try and fix this? I have deleted, reset everything, disabled, reinstalled, etc.. and the issue still continues. It's as if my device or some mechanism is blocking icloud. When I load the app, say, pages, it acts as if it tries to pull the data then it either crashes or states that there are not documents. The period of inactivity lasts for about a minute before the app becomes responsive again. I hope that when icloud drive begins I will be able to access my pages documents in ios again. Somehting has just gone wrong somewhere. I never upgraded to icloud drive on any of my devices.

Oct 6, 2014 11:35 AM in response to modern artist

** Followup**

I repaired my iphone 5 icloud issue.

After not being able to access my notes today while traveling I decided to sort my phone out once and for all once I got home.

I performed a total clean and restore, not just restore. Once I cleaned and restored my phone it allowed for whatever was blocking icloud to work. Before I restored my phone itunes downloaded the 8.0.1 update which i didnt install because it became unavailable. I believe that something dealing with ios 8.0.1 not originally installing had something to do with my problems. Whatever the case, the problem seemed to be within the software not as a result of a setting. My iwork and Aiwriter are working perfectly now. So far no issues with the data getting pushed to the phone from icloud.

I can declare my issues resolved now. I hope that my info may be of some help to others with a similar issue.

Oct 7, 2014 7:50 AM in response to mademoto

ipad retina with ios 8.0.2

i've never had a problem connecting to Pages docs in the cloud...

Now I can't access them on my 4 th gen iPad retina.

I have no trouble connecting to any other iCloud services.

I can access them on my Macbook Pro, and my husband who shares my icloud account can access the docs with both iPad (running ios 8.0.1) and Mac.

I've checked and toggled on and off icloud Documents and Data settings

and checked the iPad iCloud setting was turned on...it was off (since I hadn't changed it that was strange)
so I turned it on.
Every time I open Pages on the iPad it says there are no documents, and

( eerie music here) the iPad ICloud setting is toggled to off!

I've restarted the iPad, and then tried reseting the Ipad

repeated turning off and on both icloud docs and data

and ipad icloud setting but it keeps turning off, with no documents showing

I have not said yes to any iCloud Drive messages.

Mar 25, 2015 5:31 AM in response to rosehorton

I Realize this is an old thread. I'm sure by now you have moved on but just in case; you may want to "update" to iCloud Drive. This same mess happened to me, yesterday. I just recently updated to iOS 8.2 from 7. Yes, I waited because 7 was a mess with apps crashing, ipad hanging and I hated the overall overhaul of the look. I updated to 8.2 because there was an app I wanted to try out. I figured it's been long enough, surely everything has been worked out by now and the issues at launch for 8 have been resolved or mitigated. Wrong. Pages crashed and my documents window was blank. I did everything you did and nothing worked until I updated to iCloud Drive, which is the one thing it seems you didn't do.

Every update Apple releases these days only degrades performance as well as their reputation. I have a list of items operating slow and/or consistently crashing with the last two updates.

I have updated my Ipad with IOS8 and now my documents on Pages cannot be opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.