Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Show Art / Thumbnails Missing After IOS 8 Upgrade

Gear: iPad Mini, 1st Gen, iPad Air 3rd Gen, iPhone 5S all upgraded to IOS 8.

ITunes 11.4 on iMac.

I have ripped TV shows with metadata and art that show fine in iTunes and worked fine on IOS 7 and iTunes 11.3 and before.

Now after syncing I have TV shows with just a grey square where the art would show on ALL my iDevices. I've done the following to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Removed the TV Shows from iTunes. Rebooted the iMac and re-imported the TV shows back to iTunes. Art and metadata show fine in iTunes, but upon sync to any of my iDevices the shows copy over fine but without the art. Each of my iDevices has its own iTunes library.

2. I've rebooted my iDevices and I've erased all content from my iPhone and did a fresh setup with a fresh iTunes library, yet the art/thumbnails don't copy over to the device.

3. I ripped a brand new TV Show that had never been in my library and that too, did not copy over the show art, but it does show in iTunes.

I'm not sure if this is an IOS 8 problem specifically but I'm leaning towards that. It may also be a an iTunes 11.4 issue. Nevertheless the shows do play but it's just annoying that the show art isn't showing on any devices.

If you've got a remedy I haven't done in steps 1-3 above please let me know.

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 12:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2015 2:33 PM in response to BigNavy505

All, I found a solution to this 🙂. I had the same issues and tried various recommendations with no success. I have a few TV episodes via iTunes from the Christmas 12 days when it was still running and all these were okay. I did note they have a standard square image picture. For my missing shows (non iTunes) I searched in iTunes Store for series. Copied link for image. Paste this into safair or other browser. Right click to get the image location and from this save down the image. Update in iTunes the downloaded artwork and sync. I suspect it is due to the standard size of the images used for TV shows that if not of this size it will not show. I assume most popular TV shows will be available on iTunes Store so you can get the correct size of image.

TV Show Art / Thumbnails Missing After IOS 8 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.