Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change apple ID on iphone 6

How do I change my apple ID on my IPhone 6?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 9:59 PM

I need this done as well, my phone is NOT recognizing my apple ID pass. Actually, the Apple ID isn't even incorrect, and I can't find out how to enter the correct ID

20 replies

Feb 1, 2015 1:48 PM in response to willytbk

I did this, but unfortunately my Messages app still refers to my old Apple ID, which is not even an ID anymore. No idea what the password would be which makes it impossible to add new email addresses for contact. How do you get the Messages app to recognize and offer the correct ID that is now active on my iPhone? Hope this makes sense so somebody can help me.....

Feb 1, 2015 2:22 PM in response to wegras

Peter Gillespie, I did this but unfortunately when trying to register again, it still remembered the old ID and asked for its password. I've even tried changing the password, but no email comes to the old address (at least I'm still able to check emails on that old address!). I even turned off the phone and then turned it back on, but it will not allow me to choose which Apple ID I want to use with the app, or even just use the one that is associated with the phone. So frustrating!!

Apr 29, 2015 8:44 AM in response to maariost

Here's a twist...after I changed to my new AppleID, I had to delete the APPS I'd downloaded using the old AppleID, then download them again with new ID!

In my case, I swapped phones with SO who hated her iphone 6, and it had a couple of apps she'd downloaded (that I also have...Yelp, etc...so I thought they were mine). It was making me crazy that I could update *some* apps fine and others needed her password.

Thought this might help somebody...

Sep 8, 2015 1:52 PM in response to maariost

The first step is to log out:

1. Open the Settings app in iOS and head to “iTunes & App Store”
  2. Tap on the “Apple ID: email@address.com” text at the very top of the Store screen.
  3. At the Apple ID management pop-up window, tap on “Sign Out”

Signing in

Open the Settings app in iOS and head to “iTunes & App Store” Tap on the “Apple ID: email@address.com” text at the very top of the Store screen At the Apple ID management pop-up window, tap on “Sign Out”

how to change apple ID on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.