Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark keeps appearing on iPhone 6 Plus screen

Hi. i pre-ordered and recieve an iPhone 6 Plus today. i noticed after a couple hours that it had a "C" shape mark in the middle of the screen, whereby i cleaned the screen. After an hour or so later i noticed it had reappeared. And no matter how many times i clean the phone the mark keeps returning (if it disspears at all in the first place). Greasing the phone (with my own fingers) does seem to make the mark show up more.

it doesn't look like a scratch, it looks more like a grease mark, but nothing cleans that mark away. it looks like the mark could be under the screen maybe, but i shouldn't have a problem like this from a premium product with a premium price like this. is there something i can do to fix this problem myself or would i need to take it to an Apple store to either have the phone replaced or have the screen replaced? The only problem is that i was lucky to recieve the iPhone 6 Plus on release date, and i am worried if isend it back to an Apple store i will have to wait for 3 or 4 weeks for a replacement or repair, which is something i don't want to go through at all.

Has anyone else had this problem before, even on other phone makers (samsung, HTC, etc etc)?

Any help would be most grateful

Thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8, 128GB

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:26 PM

I would call Apple or make an appointment with your local Apple store. Sounds like the mark or stain on the glass happened during manufacturing. They should replace the phone for you. And yes, unfortunately you might have to wait a couple weeks. They should let you use your current phone until the replacement arrives though.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2014 2:26 PM in response to GetafeMagic

I would call Apple or make an appointment with your local Apple store. Sounds like the mark or stain on the glass happened during manufacturing. They should replace the phone for you. And yes, unfortunately you might have to wait a couple weeks. They should let you use your current phone until the replacement arrives though.

Sep 19, 2014 2:44 PM in response to GetafeMagic

You're welcome! 🙂

And yes, you are VERY lucky you got your phone today! I pre-ordered mine on the 12th at 4 A.M. and am not expected to get it for another week or so.

I would ask them about taking the screen off. I'm not sure how difficult that is for them to do or if service like that is included with the Apple warranty. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want the screen taken off my phone unless it absolutely HAD to come off. For the price you paid you are better off getting a whole new problem free phone.

Best of luck! And let us know what happens!

Sep 21, 2014 12:15 AM in response to maycarlson

Hey. I called Apple. Not sure what to think. Was told on the phone I'd have my new phone in the coming days as apparently Apple keep a few phones behind just in case some of the devices they sell on release day are damaged, but the confirmed email says I should receive the phone in 3 to 4 weeks! Also apparently I should of got an email with something to print out and place on the outside of the box so the courier will know what it is and where to send it, I haven't received that email yet, only the order confirmation.

Gonna wait for the courier to call me, then if I havent heard from Apple by then I shall call them again.

Sep 21, 2014 9:23 PM in response to tuoleado

Hi tuoleado!

They look quite similar Actually. Only difference is mine is right in the middle and looks more like a machine mark. Your mark looks more like the screen is letting dirt under the screen and are large blobs, which is probably worse! But my mark is more a large C shape in the middle of the screen.

And well done taking a picture, I couldn't quite get the right angle, I'll have to try again when it's sunny outside!

Call Apple Support and get the iPhone replaced as soon as possible, when you spend the money we have for a product this premium this just isn't good enough. Problem is I was told on the phone I would receive a phone in a very short time, while a confirmation email about an hour after says 3 to 4 weeks. I'm worried ill be without a phone for a little while (which in my business is bad!) so if you still have your old phone, keep hold of it for a while just in case.

Let me know what happens! And thanks for posting. Best of luck!

Oct 2, 2014 4:38 AM in response to gaodapeng

Hi there!

Just want to let you all know I have successfully received my new phone, got it Monday. So the best think to do is call Apple Support and request a new iPhone replacement.

Just having to wait for UPS to call me, said almost two weeks ago I'd get a phone call by them in 48 hours... Nearly 2 weeks now... Getting frustrating

good luck everyone!

Mark keeps appearing on iPhone 6 Plus screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.