Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 - Some Contact Pictures Re-center Themselves?

Hello,

iOS8, iphone 5.

Today I added pictures to 2 pre-existing contacts, contacts I created in iOS7, but never added a photo to. I add the photo, center and zoom so it is just right, then click Done.

Approximately 2-3 seconds later, I see the position of the image change automatically, without touching the phone.

It re-centers this particular photo so the circle now focuses on my friend's beer belly instead of his face. Kind of funny, but I'd rather it not change things on my automatically. I tried a 2nd contact and it did the same, moving the centering of the image way too low, cutting off the face of the person, defeating the purpose of adding a contact photo. I created a 3rd, "test" contact, added a completely new picture to it, and the same thing happened.

I attempted to edit an image that was added to a contact back in iOS7, and it does not get re-adjusted like the images I'm adding with iOS8 do. It would appear the issue is limited to adding photos to contacts for the first time in iOS8.

Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:42 PM

Yes I have had that happen -- and it was when editing an old image on a contact that had the image in iOS7 so it isn't limited to adding photos to contacts the first time.

10 replies

iOS8 - Some Contact Pictures Re-center Themselves?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.