Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text tone very loud iOS 8?

I just downloaded iOS 8 and I've started to notice on occasion my text tone will be incredibly loud even though I have my volume set on the lowest level. Has anyone else experienced it or have any suggestions? So far the loudness of the text tone seems to be random and not just for any 1 particular person who has text me.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:51 PM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2014 7:05 PM in response to KristinS715

I was having the same issue and have just worked it out! It appears that the text tone volume is no longer linked to the ringer volume, rather, it is now linked to the music/general volume. So even if the ringer volume is right down, if the music volume is turned up, the message tone will be deafeningly loud.

Solution: Open up control centre and bring the music volume down a bit.

Sep 22, 2014 2:18 PM in response to nme88

I have the same problem. If I power off the phone then turn it back on it works for the first call, then goes back to vibrate. This also happens with my text messages and calendar reminders. I wish Apple would release a fully functioning ios instead of a buggy product every time.

I new I should have waited to upgrade!

Your fix worked, Thanks.

This is very inconvenient, whatever volume I leave my music at is what volume my reminders and text notifications will be set at. I rely on my phone calendar for reminders and notifications of appointments for my business but now I have to worry about missing them because of volume issues.

Thanks, again.

Text tone very loud iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.