Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos will not sync on iPhone 6. Everything else syncs.

Tried syncing my iPhone 6 Plus today. No photos are syncing. I've checked the box to sync all photos from iPhoto. Get a message that it is syncing, but no photos are being shown as being added. Music, tones, movies, etc., all synced with no problem. I've tried several times, but no photos are added.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 3:34 PM

Just tried it again for about the tenth time and for some reason the syncing is working via iTunes & my photos uploaded. Guess I didn't hold my tongue right the other times.

6 replies

Sep 19, 2014 6:52 PM in response to bobtenn

I am having the same issue.

Using iTunes, half of my pictures will sync from Aperture then my phone restarts.

When is turns back on, in Photos on the phone, it is "syncing" perpetually. Whether the phone is connected or not, but no new pictures are added. If I connect back to Mac, it will restart the phone.

I tried unchecking sync pictures but get an error message that it cannot complete the sync because the previous sync did not complete.

Oct 2, 2014 6:43 AM in response to BartaLomej

I just noticed that the pictures I have taken on my iPhone 6 plus, which were synched to my iMac, then synched from iPhoto are not showing up. Very strange. I just went to look for my newest photos and they are no where to be found on the phone.

Is this some kind of bug? I do recall that I have Wi-Fi synch enable in iTunes. I am going to try and disable it and re-synch to see if they show up.

I have all my photos in iPhoto on my iMac. I also have all of them stored on my iPhone 6 plus.

Nov 16, 2015 9:01 AM in response to bobtenn

I had the same problem with iPhone6 Plus + Photos (app).

I tried everything, nothing worked. Until...

1. I went to iTunes > iPhone > Summary and unchecked "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" then hit "Apply."

2. Unplugged and reconnected my phone.

Photos immediately showed my Import screen full of photos ready for import. Yay! Problem solved.

Not sure why this worked but posting in case it helps anyone else.

photos will not sync on iPhone 6. Everything else syncs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.