Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I split/merge/manage/name "Moments"?

Is there any way that I can manipulate how these "Moments" are organized in the Photos app on iOS 8? I'm looking to do something similar to the "Events" in the current version of iPhoto. For instance:

1. Last week, my son had his first day of preschool and I took photos of that. Later that day, I was at a baseball game. These are two distinctly different "Moments", but the app automatically groups them together because they were on the same day. How do I split them?

2. My family went on a 3-day camping trip. In iPhoto, I was able to combine all three days into one "Event" on iPhoto, but Photos keeps them as three separate "Moments". How do I merge them?

3. These "Moments" are automatically named by their location. How can I change the name (i.e., change the "where we were" to "what we were doing") of the "Moment" so I can organize my photos in a way that makes sense to me?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 6:26 PM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:21 AM in response to BenWill

I tried to merge two moments many times, the only way seems to work is to change the date of the photo so that photos in the two moments could be merge as one. highlight the pic, click right click to select get info, double click the date and you would go to a pop up box for you to adjust the date and time of the photo.

Adjust the date to the date of the moment you want to move the photos in. And you get it.

Hope it helps

Hope Apple will soon bring back the merge moment, and rearrange the photos as in iPhoto soon. This is really annoying.

How do I split/merge/manage/name "Moments"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.