Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are both of my phones ringing at the same time?

This is probably a simple fix that I can't figure out but my wife and I both got our phones today and set them up. All of a sudden my phone started ringing with a phone call from my mom and then about two seconds later my wifes phone starting ringing with the exact same call.

I assume this is an iMessage/iCloud setting since our primary account is a shared iCloud account but how in the **** do I stop her phone from ringing (or mine) when the other is receiving a phone call?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 8:57 PM

I have this problem as well. It has to to with iOS 8 syncing all the devices. For example, answering a call sent to your iPhone number from your iPad or Mac. On the apple site it says that as long as the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi this will work. Problem is I don't want it to work with both of my iPhones. I turned off the Wi-Fi on one of the phones and left the other one connected. Only one of the phone rings now but this is not a solution. Would rather not have one of the phones on cellular all the time. Any help out there??

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2014 8:57 PM in response to kskajohnson

I have this problem as well. It has to to with iOS 8 syncing all the devices. For example, answering a call sent to your iPhone number from your iPad or Mac. On the apple site it says that as long as the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi this will work. Problem is I don't want it to work with both of my iPhones. I turned off the Wi-Fi on one of the phones and left the other one connected. Only one of the phone rings now but this is not a solution. Would rather not have one of the phones on cellular all the time. Any help out there??

Sep 20, 2014 12:29 AM in response to maxine15

I've done some searching on the internet and it seems that Continuity will only work if you are on the same Wi-Fi network and are logged into the same iCloud account on both devices/phones. I have removed one of my phones from my iCloud account and have left the remaining phone and my MacBookPro on. Will now have to set up a separate Apple ID and iCloud account for the other phone. Now that it is removed from the iCloud acct and both phones are on the same Wi-Fi I no longer have that problem. I don't see another way around it unless something comes up with something better. I should say that there is very little that is shared between these phones like apps etc so for those where this applies you might want to wait and see if someone has another option. Good luck!

Why are both of my phones ringing at the same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.