Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8...I have 3 photos yet 1.0GB of storage use?

I just upgraded to IOS8 and I removed all my photos via iPhoto on my MAC prior to installing. Currently I have 3 pictures yet when I go into storage usage it says Photos is taking up 1.0GB!!! What the **** Apple? Anybody have an idea whats going on? Also lost access to my photostream.

User uploaded file

I have to admit as a long time PC owner who switched to apple 3 years ago your hardware is stellar but your software isn't all that different than windows computers.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 9:12 PM

11 replies

Jan 5, 2015 5:00 PM in response to iAVC

iphone 5C, 16GB, iOS 8.1.2

I am having the same issue, I have been searching the web for two days now for an answer.

I have zero pictures, but settings> General> About shows 164 photos, and Usage shows 2.1 GB Photo Library, .7 KB Synced from iTunes Library and 4.2 KB Shared Photo Stream. iCloud photo sync is turned off, and Photo Sharing is turned off, actually he's never been used.

Feb 23, 2015 6:31 AM in response to jranaudo

I deleted all the photos and video off my iPhone 5s in order to make room to install iOS 8.1.3.

My PHOTOS & CAMERA under Manage Storage says it is still using 7.1 GB of space, even though I have NO photos or video on the phone.

I backed up the phone and restored it to try and recover the now empty space but it didn't work. It still says that it is using 7.1 GB of space.

Please help!

Feb 27, 2015 7:14 AM in response to jranaudo

Here's how I did it.

First, I backed up my iPad to iTunes, wiped it, then restored it from the iTunes backup, but to no avail. It still showed that I was using about 5gb even though I turned off photo stream and made sure the recently deleted album was empty.

The second thing I tried was backing it up to iCloud. I re-wiped it and restored it from that backup. This worked. It still shows 5kb for some reason, but that's a whole lot better than 5gb! Unfortunately iCloud restoration takes a lot longer than iTunes, but it was the only way I could get it to work.

Hope this helps.

iOS8...I have 3 photos yet 1.0GB of storage use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.