Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to view iMessage photos on iPhone6

Hi,

Today I received my new iPhone 6, My brother sent me a photo through iMessage, but I am not able to view the photo in my iPhone 6, where as I can see the photo on my mac.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:43 AM

Same problem here, on my iPhone 6, iPad 2 and my daughter's 5 - all running iOS 8.

Definitely a bug. Please report it to Apple as they do not monitor this forum.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

if I tap "details" on imessage, most of the previous images are missing and displayed as blank icons (as shown above), as are previous images in the thread.

Logging out of iCloud, iMessage, rebooting has no effect.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2014 8:43 AM in response to vikky.thatiparthy

Same problem here, on my iPhone 6, iPad 2 and my daughter's 5 - all running iOS 8.

Definitely a bug. Please report it to Apple as they do not monitor this forum.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

if I tap "details" on imessage, most of the previous images are missing and displayed as blank icons (as shown above), as are previous images in the thread.

Logging out of iCloud, iMessage, rebooting has no effect.

Jan 21, 2015 6:46 AM in response to vikky.thatiparthy

What "tonyfromcanberra" suggested does work!

One thing to also check is in the settings, under mobile (at the top), scroll down to the section that lets apps use mobile data and ensure SETTINGS is allowed to use this....

Strange that it was enabled on my iPhone 5 and somehow seems to have become switched off in the switch to the new iPhone....

Hope it all works for all.

Unable to view iMessage photos on iPhone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.