Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need DVI connected with smaller head

The video card on the Mac Pro 1,1 that I just recently acquired has two DVI ports placed just a little too close for both of my Apple monitors to plug in -- the plastic housing on the DVI plugs is just a little too bulky for them both to fit in side by side. I was told Mac Pro's originally shipped with an adapter that had a smaller housing to address this problem. Would anybody know where I might find such an adaptor? Or some workaround that would allow me to plug in both monitors?

Any help appreciated!

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 3:28 AM

Can you cut some plastic off the plugs you have?

I have done that for some of my computers

5 replies

Sep 20, 2014 3:17 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks to all for the helpful replies! I took the advice of lllass and brought the monitor over to my brother's house where he put the housing in a vise and filed down the plastic with a metal file. The connection fits fine now, and both monitors are up and running. We were both wondering how Apple could make such a mistake with the video connections, requiring such a low-tech solution, but that's the computer biz, I guess.

need DVI connected with smaller head

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.