Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 Video Sync issues

My iPhone 6 has a syncing problem with videos. It will only sync certain movies but not all my music videos. And then when I try to re-sync it will erase the movies that were previously synced, and then sync other movies and never sync music videos. When I open the Videos app, I can see all of my music videos and movies. But the music videos don't have an icon associated with them. The movies do. When you click on most of them, they will not play. Anyone else have this issue? Any success? Also, just in case you're wondering, I always sync all of my movies and videos. And as it is syncing, it shows that it is syncing every one of my videos and movies. However, when I try to play any of them,only a select few will play. And those select few are only a select few of actual feature-length movies and not any music videos.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 10:12 PM

13 replies

Sep 20, 2014 4:38 PM in response to htmanning

I have an iPhone 6+ with 128GB and am using the most current OS and iTunes. I am unable to sync any media -- music, video, tv shows, audiobooks -- to my phone. But I am syncing apps. Everything synced fine on my 5S. I've tried everything I've read here and on another thread, including htmanning's suggestion. I've tried rebooting the phone and my Mac. Nothing works. I still can't sync any media. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sep 23, 2014 3:42 PM in response to rce

I'm having the same issues in regards to the syncing 6+ with itunes. I backed up my 5S and wanted to restore the 6+ 128g with how I have my screens and the whatnot, and my iTunes just 'hangs' in the air, and then have a message saying my iPhone 6+ timedout. Plus, my 6+ automatically syncs to iTunes without me ticking off the box that says 'sync when connected.' This is getting frustrating. I tried syncing it over night, and in the morning, nothing. Please help! 🙂

Sep 26, 2014 2:35 PM in response to nmp8417

sorry but i have these problems..in fact i have been battling iPhone 6 for a week now. First off my iCloud backups are corrupt, so i started a fresh install on Sunday. Everything seems fine. 128gb standard. I just tried to sync a tv show form my library and it hangs. Then all the art work from my music disappears. I had one movie synced. The art from that has gone too. Now it won't sync even without trying to sync the tv show.. Seroously APPLE???? Please someone tell me what is wrong with iPhone 6/IOS8? Did anyone test it? Can anyone 'fix' this issue please? I have ticked the box you say here but it makes no difference

Sep 26, 2014 2:49 PM in response to WhatIsThisForItMakesNoSenseAtAll

So i unsync'd the music... The few songs that i have bought from iTunes remain for reasons completely unknown and now the library won't re-sync it all, because it says it's not got enough room, which is complete rubbish... there IS at least 50GB free.

Someone out there please help, I am ready to through this thing out the nearest window.

Sep 28, 2014 11:34 PM in response to nmp8417

I have had serious grief with syncing video. I have tried every suggestion. (reset network settings, reset entire phone as a new phone and started over, sync to the cloud, sync to local computer, sync via cable, sync via wifi, manually manage music and videos, and just about everything else.)

I can sync my photos, music, apps, album art, etc. No video content (purchased movies) or my home movies can be synced.

When I was still on OS 8.0, everything seemed to work. I am on 8.2 now. (never was on 8.1)

Thanks Apple. I really had nothing better to do thee last three days.

Dec 10, 2014 2:51 PM in response to nmp8417

I'm having the same issues described, can't sync music, music video, movies and tv shows. I used htmanning's suggestion, it works for a moment but more than half on my ITunes isn't synchronized. I spent 2 hours with Apple on chat as I didn't have anything better to do in the world and they mentioned the same recommendation as htmanning.

I'm using Windows 8.1, iTunes 12.0.1.26, iPhone IOS 8.1.2 and I simply cannot have my media on iPhone. Apple don't do anything. Very expensive piece of crap I just bought. Thinking that Apple nevermore!

Jul 7, 2015 2:45 AM in response to kookat

This is happening to me right now Why? I updated my itunes to 12 from 11 and ios to 8.4 from 8.3 i done a back up before upgrade. Now same as above itunes hangs in the air and i have to go to task manager to restart the program and it gives me a message that itunes couldnt connect to my iphone when it was already half way through a sync or it says it was interrupted and lost connection. What is up with that i had a perfect iphone with no issues and then click the fingers, nightmare, itunes made me restore my iphone but wouldnt let me use my backup so now all my music all my notes all my books all my contacts all my photos are gone what might be salvageable from my back up is useless cause i cant sync to it. Even trying to bite the bullet and restore as a new iphone it still will not sync when i re-add all my books. What is wrong can someone please help me??

iphone 6 Video Sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.