Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not connecting on ipad mini after iOS 8 update

I used my ipad mini(Model no - MF432HN/A) to play songs wireless(Bluetooth) in my speaker system (SoundWare XS Digital Cinema) and it worked fine till iOS 8 update

After iOS 8 update in my ipad mini connects to speaker system wireless but when i start to play a song it immediately shows not connected(disconnects)

I ensure the my wireless speaker system is working fine it plays wireless(Bluetooth) with other devices (Nexus 5)

I have reset network settings as well but not worked.

Please provide solution to address these issues.

iPad, iOS 8, mini

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 1:28 AM

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in Control Center:

1. Turn off router, Apple TV and iPad

2. Turn on router and then wait 30 seconds for it to complete start-up process

3. Turn on Apple TV and then wait 30 seconds for it to complete start-up process

4. Turn on iPad and test AirPlay

11 replies

Sep 20, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Diavonex

no I have tried it's working for me

NO when I turned on my Bluetooth in my iPad i have connected to the speaker system

i strated playing music then it Plays in iPad speaker only not in the wireless speaker system and

it shows Bluetooth status as not connected for my wireless speaker system

it seems to be software problem

Oct 14, 2014 12:58 PM in response to narencr2

Adding my $0.02 in as well...I've also been having AirPlay issues since the iOS 8 update. I have problems with both my Denon receiver and my Buick Bluetooth. I'll have songs play for a while with no problem but, usually when I go to choose a different song manually, I'll lose the AirPlay connection, and nothing will restore it without having to force quit my Music app as well as turning off and restarting my receiver. I was having no problems before iOS 8.

Nov 16, 2014 2:21 PM in response to narencr2

I'm having the same problem on both my ipod touch 5th gen & my iphone 5c.

I just want to say that they aren't talking about airplay or apple tv, they're talking about a sound system that connects to devices using bluetooth connectivity so restarting apple tv & routers is irrelevant to this post. Mine was working fine before ios 8 but now it connects then immediately disconnects when trying to play music.

The system that I'm working with is from boston acoustics (manufacturer) & it's bluetooth name is xs digital cinema (same device mentioned in the original post)

So if anyone has relevant information or solution, please let me know

Dec 14, 2014 6:00 PM in response to narencr2

Hi

I also have Airplay problem since I updated to iOS 8.

I have an iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2), iPad 4 (iOS 8.1.2), iPad Mini (1st generation) (iOS 8.1.2), and iPhone 4S (iOS 8.1.2).They all have problem seeing my Airplay receivers since I updated to iOS 8. The Airplay receivers show randomly in the control center on my devices. Sometimes they are all here. But most of the time they don't show.

I have 3 Airplay devices : Airport Express 802.11n (2nd generation), Sony CMT-BT80W Radio and Philips AD7000W speaker.

To try a connection : I go to Airplane mode or shut off Wi-Fi. Shut of my airplay device. Reconnect to Wi-Fi. And then if I am lucky my airplay devices are showing again. Most of the time I only see one of the three. And it is not always the same one that shows.

I never had any problem with airplay on my personal network with iOS 7.

Nothing changed on my network or wi-fi configuration. Only updated to iOS 8.

I followed Apple suggestions on support page about Airplay problems :

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4215

It did not help at all.

Any help Apple ?

Airplay not connecting on ipad mini after iOS 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.