Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Calendar doesn't use the location services

After the update to iOS 8 I wanted to try the new "Time to leave" feature in the calendar-app, but i couldn't set it. I also was unable to choose a location, since it didn't show me any suggestions for the place...

The location services calendar are activated and I'm using an iPhone 5c - so are there any options I'd need to set, or is it a software issue, since iOS 8 might still have a few bugs?

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 9:02 AM

13 replies

Sep 20, 2014 9:49 AM in response to mickfranconia

If you have someone else that is using it and it works, check their settings. Is it something to do with location services setting? What other troubleshooting have you tried? If you have powered the phone off/on and it doesn't help, then try a reset. Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot and this will not affect your data.

Sep 20, 2014 10:48 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your efforts ChrisJ! I compared the location services settings with my colleague and they are the same - I also tried the suggested soft reset and it didn't change anything. These two things (And looking for a setting that might disable that function apart from the location services) are the only troubleshooting I've tried - I don't know what I could do else.

Sep 20, 2014 1:29 PM in response to mickfranconia

The last two steps of troubleshooting are a restore from backup and then restore as new. After that your only choice is to make an appointment at the Genius Bar or your Authorized Apple Service Provider. Again, I've not had the time to try these features, so I cannot be certain how they work, but it sounds as if you have a good way of testing. Hope you get it worked out.

May 10, 2016 12:55 AM in response to mattlk83

I can confirm that location services works fine with iCloud calendar and Gmail calendar while finding the right location, but after switching to my work exchange mail calendar, Lotus Notes Calendar while making an event in Calendar on iPhone, the location services obviously turned off.

So the workaround is to create an event while with iCloud or Gmail calendar, once the location is well set by searching in Contacts or internet, to switch the calendar to my work calendar. But I am not sure the automatic calculation of travel time will work or not. I will know it when the set event is approaching.

Thank you mattlk83 for the tips!

iOS 8 Calendar doesn't use the location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.