Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15" Mbpro Retina (10,1) hangs at startuproutine at -pci pause:sdxc

I have this problem with my MacBookPro 15": MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 (MacBookPro10,1 NVIDIA GPU)

I bought this MBPro used over eBay and after I got it the seller checked it again and told me it was defect with a black screen.
He brought it to repair in germany and a new mainboard was installed - the MBPro run ok with OSX 10.8 as far I noticed.

Mbpro Serialno: c02jl4qcdkq2
New mainpport part: MLB,2.6GHZ,IVB 4C-GT2,8GB 1333MHZ DDR3 (G170799072)

After I upgraded to 10.9 (and 10.9.5 later) and installing my system from a timemachine backup I now have the same pci pause: sdxc error :-(

On power on or a reboot the macbook hangs with the spinning wheel.

In Verbose mode I see that the last entry is pci pause: sdxcI can wait for long minutes (around10) and then the macbook boots into desktop.

What I did already:

Long Hardware Test - no errors

Reinstall 10.8. and 10.9. - problem still there

Repair volume and userrights with discinstall - problem still there

This hanging is really annoying and I like to know what I can do.

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 7:42 AM

8 replies

Sep 23, 2014 3:54 AM in response to Technobilder

Technobilder wrote:

No Apple guys here reading this ?

There are Apple users like your self here but no Apple employees. Your best alternative is to make an appointment at an Apple store genius bar for a FREE evaluation. Based on your description, I suspect a hardware issue.

Your screen shots do not show. The fault is probably the forum software (this occurs often), not yours.

Ciao,

15" Mbpro Retina (10,1) hangs at startuproutine at -pci pause:sdxc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.