Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install of OS X failing

I have been trying to install OS X Mavericks for days now, downloaded just fine, just took some time as expected. Now time to install, which has failed numerous times. I'm seriously stuck, OS X Installer page. Here is what I'm looking at:

"Install Failed"

"OS X could not be installed on your computer"

""Insert giant explanation point in a yellow triangle"

"OS X can't be installed on the disk Macintosh HD, because a recovery

system can't be created. Visit www.apple.com/support/no-recovery to

learn more."

"Click Restart to restart your computer and try installing again."

I have now tried this numerous times each time ending up here. I have even tried quitting OS X Installer which opens an " Are you sure you want to quit" message and gives you 3 choices; restart, cancel or choose startup disk. Restart begins the whole process all over again, choosing startup disk pulls up another menu where you are supposed to choose which system you want to use to start your computer. I have no choice given. So I have to shut down and when rebooted the Install OS X starts all over again.

I am not very versed with macs even though I have owned this one for a couple of years. So far I have just been on auto pilot which has been fine until now. Why is this proving to be so difficul? I bought this thing because Macs are supposed to be more "user friendly" than PC's.

Just an FYI, I did back up just prior to all of this.

PLEASE HELP

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 9:13 AM

2 replies

Install of OS X failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.