Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers on iOS 8 is crashing a lot

Hello.

After updating to iOS 8.0, Numbers is crashing a lot.

I'm not using iCloud Drive.

iPad Air

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 8:25 AM

31 replies

Sep 30, 2014 8:38 PM in response to jenturrent

I have the same issue. Numbers did not crash using iOS 7. It actually worked well on my I pad 4. Once I installed iOS 8 Numbers crashes when you scroll through the pages. At times I can limp it along by only scrolling 1 page, by clicking a cell and dragging it down then clicking another cell etc., never allowing the clicked cell to leave your screen. It is absolutely ridiculous that Apple has not fixed this issue. I am generally the guinea pig on all the updates at work and amongst my friends so all I can say is DO NOT update to iOS 8 if you depend upon Numbers.

Oct 3, 2014 4:34 AM in response to Outlawirish

Same with my 3rd generation iPad. It is so bad I can't use it. In horizontal mode it crashes when I scroll left or right, but it's slightly better in vertical mode. All I can say is, way to go Apple. Your products are becoming as unreliable as your competitors. I have never experienced such a lousy upgrade as IOS 8. What's the rush with IOS updates? Why not make them every two years and make sure the whole ecosystem is stable and functions the way it should, instead of rushing a half-baked product out just to appease the masses?

Oct 6, 2014 7:37 AM in response to jenturrent

Same here, a template sheet that I have been copying and reusing every week for months now is impossible to work with (copies crash and the original crashes).

I can confirm it is to do with either scrolling too fast or too far into the 'elastic band' at the side or top of the screen. With great care and patience, I can just about record the data I need to record, but this is really tiresome to work with.

The iOS8 update should have been so much more worthwhile, instead it's the pits!

Numbers on iOS 8 is crashing a lot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.