Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble installing iCloud 4 on a window 8.1 laptop

I have been successfully using iCloud 3 on my Windows 8.1 laptop. When I try to install iCloud version 4 it stops due to errors. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 10:02 AM

39 replies

Sep 21, 2014 6:12 AM in response to Marc Macks

I am also having the same problem on a Windows 8.1 desktop computer.

When I tried to install iCloud for Windows version 4.0 using the Apple Software Update tool, I got the error message "Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose Tools > Download Only and try installing manually."

When I tried the manual install by running iCloud64.msi from the downloads folder, the install failed with a different error:

"There is a problem with the Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Next, I ran iCloud64.msi with administrator privileges from the command line with the error logging option: iCloud64.msi /le errs.txt

This is the contents of the resulting error log file:

=== Logging started: 9/21/2014 9:04:17 ===

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RuniCloudUpgrade, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\, command: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\iCloud.exe /upgrade

=== Logging stopped: 9/21/2014 9:04:34 ===

I tried running the command iCloud.exe /upgrade, as suggested in the error log, but this command did not seem to have any effect. Another iCloud install attempt failed with the same errors.

I have iTunes version 11.4.0.18 on my computer. Previously, I had been using iCloud control Panel version 3.1 on my computer without problems.

Oct 17, 2014 7:08 PM in response to nothappycamper

I was unable to uninstall iCloud 3.1. These are the errors I received.

I am not comfortable messing around with the registry and quite honestly, Apple should be releasing an uninstall utility if iCloud 4.0 will not remove and 3.1 cannot be uninstalled using the Control Panel. Come on Apple, lets not keep your "weak on Windows, weak on cloud" reputation going and release a fix for this.

Also, how to get email notified when updates are posted to this thread? I don't see an option.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 18, 2014 1:41 AM in response to trevor.asher@btinternet.com

I have got it to work.

1) Uninstall 3.1

2) Restart computer then delete the Internet Services Folder in C:/Program Files/Common Files/Apple or for 64bit C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Apple

3) Install 4.0 When you start iTunes it will ask for location of Libary which is in your Music/itunes folder.

I'm having trouble installing iCloud 4 on a window 8.1 laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.