Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 volume

The volume for both the phone and speakers are low Is there a software fix for this problem. In noisy environments. This is unacceptable. Is needs to be 2-3 times louder. Apple please address this issue.

iPhone 6 OS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 12:20 PM

I also have a problem with the sound being very low, particularly when on a phone call. Hope it is a software issue and not hardware. Oh by the way i have iphone 6 plus.

42 replies

Sep 22, 2014 1:00 PM in response to gkwbrown

I have this problem too with my new iPhone 6 Plus. My wife also has the same problem on her 6 Plus.

The call volume is low and muffled. It is not clear at all and difficult to hear.

I sent a feedback to Apple, but they do look at the complaints on this web site, so anyone with this issue please add to thread.

Sep 22, 2014 1:17 PM in response to ag-ok

OK....other than you think the volume is too low, what troubleshooting steps have you taken? Have you turned the volume up? Did you remove the protective plastic coating that was on the phone out of the box? Yes, it's fine to ask for other's to chime in, but you could take the time to say what you've tried.

With volume all the up on my iPhone 6 it's VERY loud.

Sep 22, 2014 1:35 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Let's start by saying I have used the iPhone since 2007 and we upgraded from an iPhone 5 on 9/19.

So I will overlook your condescending tone and answer:

- Yes, all plastic removed and new Apple case removed.

- Volume setting examined and all set to Max levels.

- Placed sim back into my wife's old iPhone 5 (still active by AT&T) and volume is much more clear and louder. We don't even need max vol.

- The loud speaker volumes seem just fine. This affects only ear speaker.

- Checked with a co-worker that has regular iPhone 6 model. He thought my phone was lower in volume compared to his.

Sorry I don't have any test and measurement equipment, but I can tell you something is not right.

Nonetheless, people should send feedback to Apple and add to this thread.

Sep 23, 2014 7:58 PM in response to ag-ok

OK.....I too suffered from this on my new iphone 6 and tried EVERYTHING to get the voice volume working. I even went to General/Reset/Reset all Settings and my problem still existed.

NOW, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT what I did wrong....YIKES! (feeling rather incredibly stupid) I added a 3rd party screen saver to my phone face and it was covering my ports. Once I peeled it back VOILA my volume was normal again. I have since cut out a small rectangular area to continue using my screen saver without impeding my voice volume.

If the reset above doesn't solve it for you.....you might have an external blockage as I did. (still laughing at my rookie mistake....I really should have caught mine sooner)

iPhone 6 volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.