Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth + 2014 Mazda 3 Problems

Received an iPhone 6 128 GB on launch day and have paired it to my 2014 Mazda 3.

The problems:

• The car believes there to be a "Call on Handset" whenever its connected (there is not)
  • The contacts take a long time to import
  • When attempting to make an outbound call I can use the interface in the car however the moment the call connects it disconnects from Bluetooth and the audio goes via the handset.
  • Inbound calls ring through the car, however cannot be answered by the interface in the car and when answered on the phone the audio goes via the handset.

User uploaded file

These problems were not experienced on an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.

In attempting to solve the problem I have:

• Deleted the bluetooth pairing on the phone and vehicle.
  • Conducted a full reset of the Mazda infotainment system, which is running V31 (latest) firmware.
  • Attempted to reestablish the pairing, the problem persists.

I have not been able to test the phone in another car / bluetooth set up to see if the problem is with the phone, or the car.

I'm keen to know if anyone has any similar issues or troubleshooting / solutions for me!

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8, Mazda 3 2014

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 2:49 PM

24 replies

Sep 24, 2014 5:21 AM in response to Jarrod747

I found the fix and got everything to work again... so far.

You will have to unpair your phone from the car's bluetooth and vice versa, unpair the car from the phone. The last step is to go to General >Reset>Reset All Settings on the iphone. Although its a pain to go back into your phone to manage your settings again... its worth it!

Sep 26, 2014 5:35 AM in response to Jarrod747

I have no solution for you Jarrod. I drive a 2014 Mazda 3 and reset all settings on my phone > went into the bluetooth setting on the iphone and disconnect the mazda pairing off it > and went into the mazda dashboard and disconnect the iphone pairing off the mazda .............. and everything worked.

If anything, try reset your network setting on the iphone as well.

Oct 12, 2014 5:41 PM in response to Jarrod747

I have the same problem with my 2010 Mazda 3. I have a iPhone 4s and upgraded the os to iO8 and started to experience the problem. Now I have a iPhone 6 and the problem still exists. I would have thought this is a pretty simple thing to sort out for Apple if it seems to be across several different car manufacturers and I fail to understand why it is Mazda's responsibility to update their firmware to suit the new Apple operating system.

Get it sorted Apple and improve your product testing process before releasing new products and firmware upgrades. It is not our responsibility as customers to test your products for you.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth + 2014 Mazda 3 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.