Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was a problem connecting to the server “owner-pc”

For some reason the message "how to stop the pop up for "There was a problem connecting to the server “owner-pc”, keeps popping up on screen. This sometimes happens when I am trying to change my desktop background, but at this moment, I am using Microsoft Word to do a project. Any solution to this problem?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 4:10 PM

Quit System Preferences, and also quit iPhoto if it's running. In the Finder, temporarily move the iPhoto library (usually located in the Pictures folder) to the Desktop. Open the Desktop & Screen Saver preference pane again. If you don't get the error message, something in the iPhoto library is causing it. Repair the database, or if that doesn't work, rebuild it.

If you still have the problem, use the procedure on this page to find and remove the invalid items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2014 4:10 PM in response to javierlito78

Quit System Preferences, and also quit iPhoto if it's running. In the Finder, temporarily move the iPhoto library (usually located in the Pictures folder) to the Desktop. Open the Desktop & Screen Saver preference pane again. If you don't get the error message, something in the iPhoto library is causing it. Repair the database, or if that doesn't work, rebuild it.

If you still have the problem, use the procedure on this page to find and remove the invalid items.

There was a problem connecting to the server “owner-pc”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.