Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 iBooks Highlighting Everything

I'm running iBooks on my iPhone 5S on iOS 8. When I highlight blocks of text, starting at the top of the text and move down, it highlights the block as normal.

But - if I start at the top of the block and highlight to the bottom right or left of the screen - the ENTIRE text of the book before the highlight gets highlighted.

Very frustrating - I have spent a considerable amount of time highlighting my books and my highlights are getting completely ruined by this. I never had this problem in iOS 7 and I always read in portrait orientation.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, Highlight

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 1:59 PM

48 replies

Sep 21, 2014 6:22 AM in response to SixForTwoAndTwoForNothing

Me too. Same Here. My bad for being the early bird in upgrading, the early bird always gets the bugs. For me, when I tried to hightlight, it will highlight backward, from the point where I want to start, to highlight all the way back to the beginning of the chapter. This doesn't happen every time, but it has happened a few times in 2 days. I rely heavily on highlighting (to review the book), and this new bug render iBook completely useless for me.

iPad Air, ios 8, ibook

Sep 21, 2014 8:10 AM in response to Me2SameHere

I'm having the same problem!!!! I have always used this feature and never had this problem!! I always highlight certain magazines I download and heavely rely on this feature. I will highlight a few paragraphs and then all of a sudden it highights all the prior paragraghs. When you delete, it erases everything you have already highlighted!! I have tried rebooting but problem still exsits.

This only started with the IOS 8 upgrade. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have waited to upgrade. I use the highlighting ALOT!!

if you hear of a solution, please post. also, if you know who to complain to let me know!

Oct 2, 2014 3:28 AM in response to Artistoverture

Just wanted to add I have the same issue. When your touch goes over to the next page or off the side of the page, the whole book is highlighted. Thereby losing every previous highlight & note you made. Its a bit maddening.

iOS 8 iBooks Highlighting Everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.