Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage iOS 8 "Leave group Conversation" not working

I've been trying to use the "Leave group Conversation" feature of the "Details" page of iMessage in iOS 8, and I cannot get it to work. I've reset my network settings, logged in and out of iCloud, and restarted the phone. No luck.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

thanks,

J.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 2:46 PM

12 replies

Oct 16, 2014 7:24 AM in response to jdlace

I read that everyone in the group messaging has to have iMessaging and their phone has to be updated to iSO 8. Oh it has to be 4 or more people in the group. Which really does not work for me because everyone in my contacts does not have an iPhone!

There are a few things to note with this feature however, leaving a conversation in Messages only works when all of those in the message thread are using iMessage – if it’s a group SMS, say there’s an Android user in the thread as well, you’re out of luck and can’t leave the chat. Keep that in mind if the texts keep popping up.

iMessage iOS 8 "Leave group Conversation" not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.