Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Html anchor links in emails not working in iOS 8

I receive a lot of email newsletters with html links to anchors further down the email. It seems that the internal email links no longer work if the link points to an anchor within the same email. I've tested this with numerous devices and its definitely iOS 8 specific.

is apple aware of this and if so, when do they anticipate a fix?

Cheers,

Andy

iPhone 6, iOS 8, Email anchor links not working

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 7:12 PM

8 replies

Nov 14, 2014 6:04 AM in response to poss727

No problem. Today I recevied a response from Apple, and my bug report was closed out due to it being a duplicate of an existing report submitted by someone else. Unfortunately, other user's bug reports are not public, so all they can tell me is the duplicate's problem ID (18678007) and its status (still open). So it appears at least Apple is aware of it and multiple people have submitted bug reports for it. Hopefully the fix will be included in an upcoming release.

Html anchor links in emails not working in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.