Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with Bluetooth car stereo connection after upgrade to iOS 8!

iiPhone with iOS 8 can't connect to car stereo via Bluetooth. With iOS 7 I haven't problem.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 6:57 AM

Hi Jimrigas,

If you are having issues with connecting from your iPhone to your car's stereo via Bluetooth, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

iOS: Troubleshooting car stereo connections

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

6 replies

Sep 29, 2014 8:03 PM in response to Jimrigas

Here is what worked for me. If you have multiple ios 8 devices do this with all of them. Go to your settings console on each device, and go to icloud. Once there, logout (sign off, scroll to the bottom) of Icloud, you can keep all of your settings on your device. Once this is done, reboot your iphone. I also removed my phone from bluetooth in both settings on car and on phone. I then reconnected with success. Once I'd finished, I reconnected icloud on all devices, and retested, SUCCESS. this is what we all want! I'm sure that the problem lies withing ios 8 integrating more functionality between ipad and other devices.

Trouble with Bluetooth car stereo connection after upgrade to iOS 8!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.