Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an iCloud account and turnoff Find my Phone for a email address that does not exist

I have switched my itunes account to a new email address but the iCloud account is still registered to the old email account which I can no longer access.

If I go to Settings>iCloud it requests my Apple ID password for the old email account but as this account does not exsist it does not accept the "old" password. it will not let me delete the account without turning off the Find My Phone app which aslo needs the old password.

A related probelm is none of my apps will update as they are on the old account hence the need to delete the iCloud email account and create the new iCloud with the new email sign on address.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 10:42 PM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2014 10:55 PM in response to dor474c

If the old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address (you won't need to verify it) and save the change. You should now be able to use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. After turning it off you can delete the account, go back change your ID back to the way it was again.

Sep 20, 2014 11:22 PM in response to dor474c

Randers4 thanks very much for the quick respone

Now I have switched the iCloud account, thanks.

My next problem is my Apps have updates available but it is still requesting my old itunes ID password. I have tried deleting an app and then reloading it but when I do this it recogizes the app in the old iCloud account and requests my old password. Should I again switch the icloud account back to the old Apple ID. dont verify and then update the apps and sign in with the new password. Then switch back to the new email address.

Mar 27, 2015 6:50 PM in response to randers4

I'm having the same problem, but don't understand your solution. I don't remember my old iCloud password and can't reset it without access to the old email account. This is preventing me from logging out of my iCloud account/Find my iphone. The apple ID/iCloud are correct on my iPhone 6, but the old iCloud email is still showing on my iPad (Gen 4).

How to delete an iCloud account and turnoff Find my Phone for a email address that does not exist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.