Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 buzzing/rattling when vibrating

The one problem I was hoping not to have with my new iPhone 6 was a loud buzzing noise when vibrating. Well, I got it. An ugly internal buzz/rattle noise. It seems to be coming from the lower half of the phone. I had this same problem with my 4s. My 5 was perfect. Had a nice soft and smooth vibrate.

Anyone else having this problem? I mean isn't the point of vibrate to be able to alert you silently? Of the millions of iPhone 6 that were manufactured, did I really have to end up with this one? Sorry, I'm just annoyed. And I know there really isn't anything I can do about it except ask for a replacement.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 10:33 PM

19 replies

Sep 29, 2014 9:38 PM in response to evornoss

I have this exact same problem. The vibration is so strong it vibrates the front glass and the front glass makes a terrible noise. If you press the bottom part of the front glass with a thumb finger the buzzing stops and the vibration sound returns to normal.

On top of all this, I wanted to return this defective iphone6 to the Starhub store in Singapore where I got it from, but the store has refused to replace or accept a return for this product.
I don't really know what to do about this. I usually had very positive experiences with Apple in the past and I am an avid Apple user with several Mac gear at home but this incident really got to my nerves. I really need some advice from Apple staff please. Thank you.

Oct 8, 2014 8:26 AM in response to gbern

I'm getting this problem too.

I just have got my iphone 6 yesterday and I just found out this problem today. This is so annoying.

I'm aware that if I bring my phone to service center and report it , they will give me a replacement.
But to be honest, I don't want to exchange my brand new phone with a refurbished phone which will be given for replacement.

Sighh..... Is there any fix without going to service center? 😟

Jan 21, 2015 3:01 AM in response to gbern

I have same issue... the phone doesn't actually vibrate. It's like the vibration motor is stuffed. Happened on my 4 I think it was. Sometimes it makes a loud motor sound, sometimes a short one, sometimes nothing at all. No vibration, no sound...

Has anyone in Australia had this problem being a Telstra customer, and have they replaced it directly or sent it away, leaving you with a 'loan phone' or nothing? My understanding is, if it's under the 1 year warranty they should just give you a new phone then and there.

Anyone with any info?

Cheers

iPhone 6 buzzing/rattling when vibrating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.