Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id linked with icloud...

Hi dear,

My iphone previously had cachandru@sify.com as apple id; later, i changed it to cachandar@gmail.com. Now, my iphone & itunes are working fine with new apple id...but, my icloud account in iphone is still carrying cachandru@sify.com as apple id; since sifymails has discontinued since June'14, sify.com is no more in use.

Even i can log into www.icloud.com, but am not able to get any info due to apple id issue.

Kindly get me a solution to have the updated apple id for icloud within my iphone.

Thanks,

Chandrahas Kini.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 11:26 PM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2014 7:08 AM in response to Cachandru

Hello there Cachandru,

It sounds like you have updated your Apple ID but in Settings > iCloud it is still showing your previous address and you would like to update it. The following article will help you get that accomplished, and although the title mentions iOS 7, it is also relevant to iOS 8 if you have that software installed:

iOS 7: If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud

Use your current Apple ID password

Try using your current Apple ID password to sign out. If that doesn't work, continue to the next step.

Sign out and back in to iMessage or FaceTime

If you're currently signed in to iMessage or FaceTime

• Sign out of iMessage or FaceTime:
    1. iMessage: Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    2. FaceTime: Go to Settings > FaceTime, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  • Sign back in to iMessage or FaceTime:
    1. iMessage: Go to Settings > Messages, then tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage".
    2. FaceTime: Go to Settings > FaceTime, then tap "Use your Apple ID for FaceTime".
  • You should now be able to sign out of iCloud. You'll still see your previous Apple ID when signing out.

If you're not signed in to iMessage or FaceTime

• Sign in to iMessage or FaceTime:
    • iMessage: Go to Settings > Messages, then tap "Use your Apple ID for iMessage".
    • FaceTime: Go to Settings > FaceTime, then tap "Use your Apple ID for FaceTime".
  • You should now be able to sign out of iCloud. You'll still see your previous Apple ID when signing out.

Change your Apple ID temporarily

If signing out and back in to iMessage or FaceTime didn't help, try these steps:

1. Change your Apple ID to the Apple ID you used previously. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  2. Go to Settings > iCloud. Complete these steps only if the Find My [Device] setting is turned on:
    • Scroll down and tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
    • Tap “Keep on My [Device]” or “Delete from My [Device].” In either case, your data remains in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    • Enter the password for your previous Apple ID.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the new email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  4. Return to Settings > iCloud and sign in with your new Apple ID.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Apple id linked with icloud...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.