Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios8 - can't amend playlists in a folder

Since updating to ios8 I can no longer edit my playlists that are within a folder system. I use folders to group playlists together for classes it now the edit button is greyed out. I can edit just single playlists. It was fine in ios7!Ŵ

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 6:35 PM

I am having the same problem. After updating to iOS 8, I can't edit non-smart playlists that I have inside of playlists folders. This is very frustrating because I set up folders for each genre of music that I have. I then create smart and non-smart playlists under each folder. Now since I can't edit the normal playlist while they are in folders I am forced to either make the changes via iTunes or move them out of the folders... sigh

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2014 6:35 PM in response to Emmsie78

I am having the same problem. After updating to iOS 8, I can't edit non-smart playlists that I have inside of playlists folders. This is very frustrating because I set up folders for each genre of music that I have. I then create smart and non-smart playlists under each folder. Now since I can't edit the normal playlist while they are in folders I am forced to either make the changes via iTunes or move them out of the folders... sigh

Ios8 - can't amend playlists in a folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.