Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A Warning: Syncing Photos with iTunes to iOS 8 Devices

If you need to sync your photos from either iPhoto or Aperture to your iPad or iPhone, and recently upgraded these devices to iOS 8, do not enable iCloud Library beta on these devices. It will disable syncing photos with iTunes, and "My Photo Stream" will no longer upload from your Macs to the iOS devices. You will have a hard time to get any photos to your iOS devices other than with Dropbox or Mail.

Apple has changed the status of iCloud Library back to "Beta" with the current iOS 8 release, and you cannot access the iCloud Library Beta in any way from your Mac right now without Yosemite and a matching Photos.app on the Macs. iCloud Library will only sync between iOS 8 devices. If you need iTunes syncing for your Photo Libraries, disable iCloud Library Beta again on the devices. Disabling will let you copy the library back from iCloud to the device.

See more here: Apple Pushes iCloud Photo Library Back to Beta as SMS Continuity Delayed to October - Mac Rumors

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 5:54 AM

Sorry posted in the wrong place. 😊

8 replies

Dec 20, 2014 1:46 AM in response to amanbhargav

My original post was made, when iCloud Photo Library (Beta) was first released.

Apple has change the behavior of Camera Roll and Photo Stream since then.

If you update to the latest version of iOS 8 and disable iCloud Photo Library (Beta) again, then make sure, My Photo stream is enabled in iCloud > Photos, your Camera Roll and My Photo stream should be shown again in Photos on the "Albums" page.

A Warning: Syncing Photos with iTunes to iOS 8 Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.