Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6, people can't hear me

got iphone6 yesterday , on FaceTime people other side can't hear me , sound very very low, I can hear them clearly, no issue while speaking to them on normal calls.

Issue just seems to be on FaceTime,

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:21 AM

Hey ak03,

Thanks for the question. The following resource outlines troubleshooting steps for the symptom you are experiencing:

iPhone: Microphone issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5183

Symptoms

You may experience one of these issues:

[…]

- Other people can't hear you, or have difficulty hearing you during a phone call or FaceTime call

- Other people complain that you sound unclear during a phone call or FaceTime call

Resolve the issue

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Make sure nothing is plugged in to the jack connector.
  2. Make sure nothing is blocking any of the microphones (refer to the pictures below to find your device's microphones). Check for these:
    • Dirt or debris
    • A screen protector or case
    • When you're holding your phone next to your ear, make sure you don't block the microphone with your fingers or shoulder and make sure to speak into the microphone
  3. Turn the iPhone off and then on.
  4. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  5. If necessary, find general iPhone hardware troubleshooting suggestions.
  6. For further assistance, contact Apple Support.

Thanks,

Matt M.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2014 8:21 AM in response to ak03

Hey ak03,

Thanks for the question. The following resource outlines troubleshooting steps for the symptom you are experiencing:

iPhone: Microphone issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5183

Symptoms

You may experience one of these issues:

[…]

- Other people can't hear you, or have difficulty hearing you during a phone call or FaceTime call

- Other people complain that you sound unclear during a phone call or FaceTime call

Resolve the issue

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Make sure nothing is plugged in to the jack connector.
  2. Make sure nothing is blocking any of the microphones (refer to the pictures below to find your device's microphones). Check for these:
    • Dirt or debris
    • A screen protector or case
    • When you're holding your phone next to your ear, make sure you don't block the microphone with your fingers or shoulder and make sure to speak into the microphone
  3. Turn the iPhone off and then on.
  4. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  5. If necessary, find general iPhone hardware troubleshooting suggestions.
  6. For further assistance, contact Apple Support.

Thanks,

Matt M.

iphone 6, people can't hear me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.