Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App crashes upon launching.

I just updated the podcast app on my computer through iTunes today (21 Sept), then synced it over to my iPhone. I am using an iPhone 4S, with iOS 7.0. However, I am unable to open the app any longer as it simply crashes. The blank 'screen' appears for a spilt-second before it shows the home screen again. When I access the multi-tasking view, I am able to see the podcast app with a list of episodes, which I believe was what it was like before I did the sync. I have tried switching off my phone then on again but it doesn't work.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 3:30 AM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2014 9:15 PM in response to singzeon

I have a similar problem with iOS 8. It starts with "Updating Library..." then crashes to the home screen after a few seconds. I've tried syncing with iTunes, then setting it to not sync podcasts, manually deleted each podcast from the usage menu in settings on the iPhone, then rebooted the phone, re-enabled podcast syncing in iTunes, but it just does the same thing.

That, along with the general stuttery scrolling on both my iPhone 4s and iPad mini since the upgrade, and the cellular and touchID problems other people are having -- Apple needs to adopt a "ship it when it's ready" approach. Because I'm getting sick of what seems like rushed iOS releases.

App crashes upon launching.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.