Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6: siri and voice text not working.

I did siri trouble shooting, and restored phone completely. Siri hasn't worked at all since turning the phone on (Sept.19th). Mic works - can make calls, voice messages etc. Is there something that I'm not doing? or do I have to get a new phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 6:09 AM

162 replies

Apr 5, 2017 5:44 PM in response to nicole1285

Im having the same problem with my iphone6 plus. I've tried all of this, still no working solutions.

It seems like it has to be a software problem because my microphone works with other apps except Siri and Text. I wish Apple would address this problem with an update or sonething. Seems like a lot of people I know are having this problem too.

Apr 19, 2017 8:48 PM in response to Maamooka

Maamooka wrote:

I have a similar problem. I just got my iphone 6 and siri was set up at the store as well as siri popped up today after an update. I went through the steps again and it said everything was fine. But ehen I try to use siri she wont work. I don't even have an icon in my settings for siri. What can I do?

Have you perhaps restricted Siri? Settings>General>Restrictions.

Sep 21, 2014 6:27 AM in response to nicole1285

Hi there,

I understand that this is an issue for you. Follow these steps, and they should help:

Make sure Siri is on:

1. Open Settings
  2. Go down and tap General
  3. Tap Siri
  4. Make sure Siri is on by turning the switch to the right. If it's already on, it'll show a green background. Just leave it like that.

Make sure you're using Siri correctly:

Make sure your holding down on the home button until a screen appears saying "What can I help you with?" then start talking.

-Make sure you have an internet connection or cellular connection

-Make sure your connection is good, and that your internet isn't down or your cellular network isn't down as well.

-Make sure your microphone is not blocked, damaged.

Refer to here for more information: iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

Try resetting your network settings:

WARNING: These steps will make you lose any entered passwords in already joined networks. SAVE ANY IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS OR WEBPAGES, YOU MAY LOSE THEM.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Go down, tap Reset
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings
  5. If prompted for a pass code, enter it.
  6. Tap Reset Network Settings
  7. A series of different screens will show. This is normal.
  8. Once this is done, unlock your phone and try connecting to a network or cellular network.
  9. Try using Siri.

Sep 23, 2014 11:50 AM in response to nicole1285

I am having the same problem. I went to the Simply Mac store near me and say it's a software problem since there is audio with video and phone calls. I did a full restore, to no avail, Siri still ignore me. Siri DOES work with the earbuds or headset in, so it seems that there is either 1) software problem connecting siri to my internal mics, or 2) hardware problem with my internal mics.

Oct 21, 2014 9:36 AM in response to nicole1285

I have the same problem as Nicole (e.g. sudden loss of Siri, but around Oct 19). Siri will only work with the headset mic and none of the resets seem to do the trick. The built-in mic seems to work fine for all other functions and Siri seems to register sound (that is, the line that signals that sound is detected moves in waves), but, regardless of what I say, the 'some things you can ask me' menu always comes up: in fact, it is the only thing that ever comes up.

iphone 6: siri and voice text not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.