Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get U2 Songs of Innocence Album if it shows Purchased in iTunes Store

My wife had downloaded the U2 Album "Songs of Innocence" onto her iPhone 4s the other day and when I got my new iPhone 6+ I was hoping to get the album by syncing her phone with iTunes and then downloading the songs onto my iPhone. We share the same AppleID for iTunes.

It was a no-go. The songs all don't appear in her iPhone and didn't upload during the sync. There must be a glitch somewhere so I connected my new iPhone 6+ to my computer and iTunes and went to the Purchase iTunes Store. It showed Purchased and there was no option to re-download. Arg.

In doing a search on the Internet I found lots of articles on how to get rid of the album as multiple apple customers didn't want it and due to their settings it would download automatically onto their phones and they wanted to get rid of it. In fact Apple created a new tool to remove it from your iPhone.

But for me I wanted to get it ~

The way I did was to go onto my new iPhone 6+, tap to go to the Store, tap on the album and tape on FREE. After loggin in with my AppleID and tapping FREE again it began to download ~ Success. Add on syncing with iTunes on my computer it now has the Album on it.

Hope this posting helps you.

Cheers,

cH >

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 2:46 PM

had the same problem, it was on my iphone but not my pc

I hooked iphone up to pc & right clicked on iphone in itunes and selected transfer purchases

3 replies

Oct 22, 2014 2:39 AM in response to craftsight

It's about a month later now and I realized that I had Songs of Innocence by U2 on my iPhone but not my iMac. I read the original instructions several times and couldn't decipher them, and now the download situation seems to have changed from then anyway - not seeing it for free on iTunes Store anymore.

However, crashing around, in iTunes (on OS X Mavericks), Preferences, Store, I selected "Music" under Automatic Downloads.

Then, clicked on iTunes Store, Purchased, and there was a way to view "not downloaded" purchases and download them. I don't recall every detail but it was fairly straightforward at that point. They downloaded promptly and now reside on my iMac's hard disk and in my iTunes "My Music" section.

(Phew!)

Charles

How to get U2 Songs of Innocence Album if it shows Purchased in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.