Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store will not download previously purchased apps

NNew iPhone 6+, App Store will not download my previously purchased apps that show to be in the cloud. When I click on the cloud symbol the progress indicator just spins and spins and never downloads the app. This is not all third party app even "find my friends" will not download.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 6:57 AM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2014 9:13 AM in response to Richard Coffman

Hello there, Richard.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for issues connecting to the iTunes Store:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

Troubleshoot issues on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
  • Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update (iOS 5 or later) or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking
    Check for Update
    on your device's Summary page.
  • Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to cellular data, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  • Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. You can check the user guide for your device for help with connecting to the Internet.
  • Make sure that other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the issue persists, try
    troubleshooting your Wi-Fi networks and connections.

I also found another thread where someone was having a similar issue and found a response helped them resolve their issue:

App updates won't download on my iPhone, they j... | Apple Support Communities

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4111336

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

App Store will not download previously purchased apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.