Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 5s iCloud keeps asking for Password

Since I've upgraded to iOS 8 my iPhone 5s asked me several times for no apparent reason for my iCloud account password. When I cancel it, it keeps coming back, after I type it in sometimes it asks me right again. This is really annoying.

So far I have logged in and out of the iCloud account a few times and it doesn't seem to help the problem.

Are you aware of this matter? Any solutions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 7:42 AM

I have the same Problem with my 4s. It keeps asking for my Apple ID password so it can finish the set up. Its like its stuck in a cycle.

27 replies

Sep 22, 2014 10:46 AM in response to Rivitt

Rivitt your problems are the activation lock, not the problems that 010101010 and I have.

iCloud ask for password after the activation is done, usually during user unlock from the lock screen, a prompt comes out and ask for iCloud password, it happend to me for five times over the three days after I upgrade to iOS8, have no any problems like this during iOS7.

By the way, my phone is 5s too.

Sep 23, 2014 4:03 AM in response to jamophoto

I had this issue too, very annoying. Tried everything what I could find on the internet, even resetting the device, but also for that it asked for the password which again was not accepted by the IOS8.

Then I thought it might be a caching thing somewhere, so I went to Safari settings > Cookies > and set it to "Always allow". After that the issue was gone: no more passwords were asked by iCloud and the iPhone worked very well.

Dec 29, 2014 9:37 AM in response to 010101010

I tried the other suggestions and at least it didn't keep asking for apple ID password. But it would not backup to iCloud. It kept timing out just after tapping the "backup now" button. So I turned off the iCloud Backup switch and turned it back on again. It asked for my apple ID password again. Then when tapping the "Back Up Now" the backup worked with out timing out. It completed as it should. Must be a bug that Apple should fix for those with iPhone 5s and iOS8.

iOS 8 5s iCloud keeps asking for Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.