Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm clock snooze function on IOS 8

Since I've upgraded my 5S to IOS 8, the snooze function has changed. When the alarm went off, I would press either the volume up or volume down button and it would snooze the alarm. 9 minutes later, the alarm would go off again. Now if I press the same button, no snooze at all. Is this something I can change back? Please help. I've now been late to work for three days in a row. Please Apple, don't make me go buy an alarm clock. This is a stupid problem to have, but with very real consequences for your loyal users.

Adam

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, alarm clock

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 8:00 AM

50 replies

Sep 22, 2014 7:36 AM in response to creags56

I'm having the same problem, but it's with my iPad Air. Pressing the volume buttons used to snooze the alarm, but it doesn't now. It seems to just silence the alarms instead. If I flip up the Smart Cover though, the lockscreen says "Tap to snooze" and that does work, but I'm used to using the volume buttons. I was very late to work last Thursday as a result of this change.

One of the things I want to try is deleting all of my alarms and creating them anew.

Sep 23, 2014 3:52 AM in response to creags56

If you edit the alarm, there is a snooze option that I did not see before. On my 5s, the alarm that I had snooze turned off seems to be impossible to turn off. I literally had to shutdown and boot it back up to get it to stop. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I went into the clock app and turned the alarm off and it still kept going. Maybe check to make sure you have the snooze option on.

Sep 23, 2014 5:36 AM in response to creags56

Hi!

Same problem here: when I try to snooze by pressing Volume up/down, alarm sound gets silent, but snooze countdown does not start.

On the display "to snooze press here" stays visible; when i press snooze on the display, snooze time (9 Minutes) starts.

(IPhone 5s after Update to ios8)

For me it looks like a bug ... 😟

Bax

(would be grat if repaired, as it is easy to forget reactivationg snooze, and therefore sleepinkt too long will happen some time ...)

Sep 24, 2014 5:17 AM in response to creags56

I am having the same problem and completely disheartened about it right now. Also, and I'm sure this sounds silly, but when you hit snooze and open the phone, the alarm shuts off. Sometimes I would hit snooze, but wake up enough to check the weather and go back to sleep for a couple more snoozes. Now when I slide open the phone, the alarm never goes off again. PLEASE APPLE - FIX THIS! Why change this feature when NOTHING was wrong with it. Now I get to try and find another app to download now that another standard apple app blows.

Sep 24, 2014 6:28 AM in response to creags56

I just finished chatting with support and got the answer and everything works again! It's a pain in the arse because the update made it buggy, but go into Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings. Let it do it's thing, and the alarm works with snooze on the volume again!! Along with the other issue I stated about working!

Yea, it's a pain, but overall, having to reset my setting will allow me to learn about the new operating system even better! WOO HOO! So happy now!!!

Sep 24, 2014 7:57 AM in response to ovchic76

Resetting all settings fixed the snooze functionality on my phone too. I would love to say how relieved I am that the snooze problem is fixed, but now I'm really angry about having to change back all of my settings. I am really disappointed in Apple right now. I sincerely hope somebody in a position to fix this stupid problem is reading this and taking note. For those of you considering doing the "reset all settings", please know that absolutely every setting including saved wifi passwords, autocorrect functions, saved information that you didn't even realize the phone was hanging onto, will ALL be reset. This is obnoxious. The ONLY things that are saved are files on your phone such as email, texts, pictures, songs, videos, etc. none of that is deleted, but absolutely EVERYTHING else is gone.

Alarm clock snooze function on IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.