Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6: cycling distance

So I thought the M8 coprocessor now "recognized" cycling. I've tried it, but it doesn't work - still records it as normal steps. Health app, Cycling Distance also remains empty ("No Data"). Am I missing something here? I tried it with the iPhone (6 Plus) in my pocket and mounted on the bicycle, but to no avail.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 8:57 AM

10 replies

Sep 27, 2017 7:33 AM in response to fredz85

I've been frustrated by this too so I submitted a support request to Mapmyfitness and this was the unsatisfactory reply. I'm sure that I'm not the first person to complain about this.

Hi Don,

Thanks for writing. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Cycling workouts do sync to Apple Health but they are currently syncing as general workotus rather than specifically as cycling workouts so you will not see them when attempting to view the cycling distance. Please know that I have forwarded this along to the development team and they are investigating the cause. At this time, I'm unsure of how quickly it will be fixed, but we do hope to have the problem taken care of soon. We will to try our best to reach out to you again when a fix for this issue is available. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we troubleshoot the problem.

If you have any additional information that may aid in our investigation, please let me know.

Kindly,
Tim

Nov 14, 2014 5:32 PM in response to fredz85

You need an app that writes cycling data, such as Digifit, Endomondo or MapMyRide.

Most of the fields in the Health app are simply storage areas for other apps. The Health app does not do much of anything by itself.

There are other fields that can be used but are not displayed In the app but can be utilized by other apps.

iPhone 6: cycling distance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.