Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus say its restoring from icloud at the bottom of the lock screen

My 6+ says its restoring from I cloud at the bottom of my lock screen, why? I am concerned because everything has down loaded but if its still trying to download it can be draining my battery. because my battery doesn't seem to be any better than my 5.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 11:30 AM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2014 11:34 AM in response to jenfr13

Hi jenfr13,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you just upgraded to an iPhone 6 and are concerned because it’s taking longer than expected to restore the iPhone from an iCloud backup. The article linked below should address your concerns and give you an idea of the time needed to restore the device.

If you need help restoring an iCloud backup

The restore process is taking a long time to finish.

The amount of time needed by the restore process depends on your geographical location and the speed of your Internet connection. Even with a fast Internet connection, the restore process might take 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte to complete.

If you're traveling between countries, the restore process might take longer than usual. iCloud is tuned to provide the best service when you're in the geographical location from which you most frequently connect to the Internet. When restoring from an iCloud backup, iCloud is tuned to provide the best service in the geographical region you were in when you created the backup.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

iphone 6 plus say its restoring from icloud at the bottom of the lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.