Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint issues since upgrade to IOS 8

After upgrading to IOS 8 on my ipad 4, I am unable to print wirelessly using AIrprint. The iPad finds the printer (HP m1217nfw) on the network but is unable to send it to the printer. I have upgraded the firmware on the printer (although the firmware is older than ios 8) and I have also tried resetting everything (router, printer and ipad).

Is there something I am missing.

Thanks for the help

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 10:40 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2014 5:29 AM in response to mrpharderwijk

Experienced the identical problem with my Samsung CLX-3305FN. Since the update to iOS8 on my iPad2, iPad mini retina, iPhone 5 and one iPhone 5s the Airprint is broken. Tried to solve this with several routines to reset and initiate the different Components in a certain sequence. None of them led to fix the problem, so don´t waste your time. It seems to me clear to be an iOS 8 issue, due to my iPad1 on iOS 5 prints without any issue using the Airprint function. A helpdesk call, support case is not answered as well as the Bug-Report I send to Apple, so it seems the problem is not fixed until now. The only thing might solve this is the next iOS 8.x release for my understanding.

Side note:

All of it is very disappointing as time consuming. You can get the impression Apple is going more and more to use the costumer as the test bench, instead of to secure basic functions are confirmed prior the release to public.

Conclusion:

In my understanding quality means really something different as something called customer appreciation too, by the way...

May 5, 2015 7:47 AM in response to FlairL

I have had these problems with a Canon MG5350 - I agree it is associated with iOS 8. All my devices are up to date, and I've done lots of tests on the printer, but none of the devices see the printer. My iMac can print over wifi though, so this also points to an iOS problem, or just possibly something in the Canon firmware - but there is no update available.

Is anyone else seeing this? I's months since it was first reported.

Airprint issues since upgrade to IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.