Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson NX510 printer stopped working

I am using an imac on 10.6 with an Epson nx510. All of the sudden my printer says "sending data" or "waiting for printer to become available" but never prints. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, restarted both printer and computer, changed usb ports, and nothing works. Silly thing is, I can access the scanner just fine, so there IS some communication between my printer and computer, but nothing will print because I can get the stuff sent TO the printer from the computer. HELP PLEASE!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), printer not working

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 11:40 AM

7 replies

Dec 3, 2014 7:49 AM in response to Eric Root

Printing is not working with either wireless or attached.

Even though I can scan from my printer to computer from either wireless network or attached with a cable no problem - so the wireless network is working fine.

I'm wondering if its a driver or software update issue that is just messing up the printing communication function? I have the latest Epson drivers/software (which are a few years old now).

Dec 6, 2014 7:23 AM in response to cbranstrom

My Epson WF-4360 "lost it's mind" after being accidentally unplugged for most of a day.

• The printer DID work from Yosemite both before and after the "loss of power"
  • The printer DID work from iOS before the loss of power ... but stopped working after that
  • ALL the printer status reported to be fine -- showed the wi-fi network address and connection ... but was NOT discoverable from iOS

This fix resolved the issue:

• Find the wi-fi IP address of the printer -- either from the printer or the network (mine was a local IP ... 10.0.1.n)
  • Go to Safari on the iOS device -- enter the IP address of the printer
  • Scroll down to the BASIC SETTINGS on the left side menu
  • Scroll down to the AirPrint Setup button ... click to start
  • Click OK -- to advance through the menus ... two separate browser pages for me
  • You will see AirPrint "Setup Complete"

From iOS ... the printer is now discoverable.

Epson NX510 printer stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.