Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you delete a family share child apple id?

i mistakenly entered the wrong birthday for one of my children (under13) in the family share account. in manage account settings i can see the wrong birthday, but the fields are greyed out and won't let me change it. I would either like to change the birthday or delete the child account so i can start over.

Thanks for any advise

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 12:36 PM

8 replies

Mar 2, 2015 12:12 PM in response to yarnstudio

I also have this same problem. I created a child account for my eldest child but mistakenly entered the DOB for the youngest child. A stupid error admittedly but I would never have expected it to be an irreversible mistake. Family Sharing is now an unusable joke to me but I'm unable to switch it off due to this uneditable and undeletable child account for a child who doesn't actually exist. Come on Apple - sort this absurd situation out! If I can create a child account I must be allowed to delete that account. What possible logic is there for not being able to delete a child under 13 if it's OK to create that child? Ridiculous!

Aug 17, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Community User

I totally agree with all of you.

How come, that ME as the CREATOR of my 8 year old daughter´s Apple-ID can NOT change the birthdate to the correct birthdate?!

I entered 2009 instead of 2007 by mistake and now it is IMPOSSIBLE to change it?!

Come on Apple, it is 2015 now and I am the "owner" of this Apple-ID!

Can you, Apple, please tell me the ACTUAL reason why this is not possible?

Nov 25, 2015 1:26 AM in response to wmzetsma

Managed to (sort of) resolve this with Apple Support: It's a good idea to make a local backup of all devices that use the child account and make sure all services (iTunes, Appstore, Facetime, iCloud, Find iPhone) on all devices are logged out. Support staff really can't change DOB or any other user data, even if there hase been an obvious mistake. I can understand that for privacy and security reasons. They can (and will, just persist) delete the account entirely (which takes them, no kidding, more than 15 minutes of valuable support time in which lots of verification and disclaiming has to be confirmed, haha) Deleting the account removes it from your family and disables all services (iTunes, Appstore, Facetime, iCloud) for this account. The account id (someone@icloud.com) can never be re-used; Probably there will be some issues with previously purchased content. My kid had none (only free stuff) so no problem here. You can now use your own account (card verfification required) to create a new child account (with a different someone@icloud.com id), and add it to your family. Log your kid back in to Facetime, iCloud, iTunes, Appstore on all devices and all appears to be back to normal. Another workaround would be to create a new (never again to be used) adult Apple ID for yourself, invite your kid to your 'new family' which removes it from your real family. Then, create a fresh Apple ID for your kid (with correct DOB!!) and add it to your real family. Don't ever look at your fake Apple ID again, it shouldn't bother you.…

how do you delete a family share child apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.