Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 bluetooth not working in car

Greetings,

I can pair my phone with my car, but cannot place or answer calls. They drop as soon as someone answers.

iPhone 6

2013 VW GLI

Radio: RNS-315

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 2:26 PM

9 replies

Sep 22, 2014 5:48 PM in response to riverdale1974

I was able to fix mine today. I tried several different ways like the others, but this way worked for me and since you have a RNS-315 like I do maybe this will help you.

Start by removing the device from the car in the MDI display and remove the car from the iPhone.

Next, as caution, on your iphone go to settings -> general -> reset -> and choose Reset Network Settings.

Now pair up the phone with the car, calling still won't work yet. Once the device is paired up turn off the car so the phone is not connected to it.

Do a hardware reset on the iPhone. Hold down the home button and power button at the same time until the phone reboots and you see the Apple logo then let go of the buttons. Now turn the car back on and test.

I know this pattern sounded odd, but this worked for me.

Sep 28, 2014 9:24 AM in response to newelement1

I had the same iPhone 6 issue with our BMW 5 series, Infiniti QX60 - very annoying. After trying everything I had seen on blogs:

1.) I finally just erased my phone, set it up as a new phone

2.) Deleted all previous paired devices in my car

3.) Re-paired the newly configured phone

Problem seemed to have been related to restoring from the old device. Now everything is working just like it should even after powering off/on the phone and updating to iOS 8.0.2.

Sep 28, 2014 10:27 AM in response to newelement1

Hello

let me share my today experience

like many people who highlighted the issue i faced this Bluetooth issue with an Audi A3 2014

i had a call with Apple support in France today. Offcourse they told me this was a unique case

and all the people on the many forums escalated the issue are more or less crazy, and it's normal that an iPhone 6 cannot connect potentially to the same device connected with iPhone 5. ******** !

moreover thid Guy was very kind at the beginning of the discussion but totally impolite and comprehensive after. Hé forget i bought a 819€ mobile phone that should at least do the same as an IPhone 5... Crazy!

i'm upset ! no solution discourteous exchange... but Apple doesn't care.

regards

Sep 28, 2014 3:16 PM in response to Vishy9

Just did that as well and it's working now (Did NOT restore from my latest backup and got the phone to pair properly as well as get Bluetooth working properly when making calls). The crappy part is really starting from fresh (and not a backup). This is definitely something that Apple engineers (software) are going to have to investigate. I mean, what's the point of restoring from iCloud if it breaks something.

I went ahead and factory reset my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.0). Paired the phone and made a call. Applied the 8.02 update and everything still works too. Factory reset my phone and restored from a backup I just did before and found that this appears to break Bluetooth.

I have a case opened with Apple and have updated them... hopefully, they can release a software update which will resolve this issue.

Sep 30, 2014 6:04 PM in response to newelement1

I am new to this discussion, but I am having some issues with my iPhone 6 in both of my cars. I have a Honda Odyssey and a Hyundai Elantra. I can get them to pair, but can't use the speak to call function on either car and have to call out and answer on my phone. My calls will cut in and out going back and forth between bluetooth and iphone. Also, I am calling someone and on the Bluetooth screen in both cars it shows another name and I'm not calling that person. It is all messed up and like everyone else I live in my car and need to get this fixed. Any suggestions?

Oct 13, 2014 1:52 PM in response to newelement1

The only way I got mine to work properly was to perform a factory reset and set it up as a NEW iPhone (and not perform a restore). Some beta testers of iOS 8.1 are reporting that the update has fixed the BT issues for them... this update may be announced later this week and available shortly thereafter (to coincide with the release of OS X Yosemite). You've waited this long, I say wait to see if it fixes your issue before performing a factory reset.

iPhone 6 bluetooth not working in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.