Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 Mail Problem

I Upgraded from an iphone 5 to a 6 Plus and restored all data from my latest iphone 5 icloud backup. I have several email accounts, a could Apple accounts, a Gmail account and a couple POP accounts. All the accounts work, send and receive, but in one of my POP accounts I have 5 emails that have no sender, no subject and nothing in the message. The date on all 5 is 12/31/69, that's right 1969. That's the year I graduated from high school, I no there was no emails at that time. My problem is I cannot delete this email. When I delete them they just reappear. They do not show up on any other device with the same POP account. Does anyone out there have any suggestion? I have force quit Mail, no help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 5:05 PM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2014 3:22 PM in response to Kf4hxu01

Yikes! iphone 6, same problem!

LOTS of new email:

"No Sender"

"This message has no content"

I have three mail accounts set up, one IMAP, one POP, and one corporate outlook. When I select each one individually under mail, the rogue messages are not there! But under all Mail, I've got tens of them. Can't delete them either.

Weird dates too like 12/31/00 ...

iOS8 Mail Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.