Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove device from iCloud account - without device

I am seeing an old iPhone listed in my devices under iCloud > settings (on icloud.com). I recently got a new iPhone and upgraded other devices to ios8.

- I do not see this device in my list of devices under find my iPhone.

- I not longer have this device as it was sent in for trade-in

- Device was erased prior to being shipped back

- backup of this device has been removed from icloud

- I have logged out of iCloud and powered off all iOS devices which had this account on them

- I have disconnected family sharing from this account

- I have logged out of all accounts in iCloud settings

(see screen shots of both screens)

Any suggestion on how to remove this device?User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 7:37 PM

4 replies

Sep 21, 2014 11:29 PM in response to NYTransit

The same thing happened to me.

Saturday I got an iPhone 6 and I traded in my 4S at Best Buy to get a gift card to use towards the 6. At the time of trade in, I turned off Find My iPhone and erased all the data on it.

When I got home I went through everything to make sure it was removed from my account, but it still shows up under settings on icloud.com (nowhere else though). I spoke with Apple customer service and they said it was nothing to worry about, and that it would drop off there once someone used the device with another Apple ID.

I am still a little concerned though, because I tried signing my 6 out of my icloud account just now, and it instantly disappeared from the device list in icloud.com's settings. My old 4S is still there, in the list that says "You are signed in and using iOS 8 on these devices" 😕

Sep 22, 2014 10:20 AM in response to NYTransit

I ran into the same issue with my iPad mini. I figured out that you have to actually go in to Settings > iCloud, and then click the red "Sign Out" link at the bottom of the screen. I did that with my iPhone 5s that I traded in after the iPad mini. The iPad mini is still there, but the iPhone 5s was removed. I know it won't help you now, but it might help someone else who comes upon this post. I hope the person Bob_Bobbson talked to at Apple customer service is correct and the extra device will go away over time.

Sep 22, 2014 1:55 PM in response to jwillicu2k

I hope what I was told was correct, but one thing that seemed weird was that right after she said it would be fine and that device wouldn't be able to access my information, the very next thing she said to me was "Do you know how to reset your iCloud password? Do it now."

I wonder if there is a way I can just give the serial number of my old device to Apple and they can block it from connecting to my icloud account. That seems like it would be logical, but it didn't sound possible.

Remove device from iCloud account - without device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.