Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 5S is frozen after turning on Voice over.

I upgraded my Iphone 5S to the latest pdate ios 8 now i turned on the voice over and my phone got locked with only the voice over active and responding to any numerals or words when i use my fingers to move over them.

I cannot open the phone by entering my passcode.

Any help will be helpful.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 11:55 PM

How did you turn VoiceOver 'on' e.g. does a triple-click of the home button turn it on/off ?

With VoiceOver 'on' you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap-to-activate process - so to type a character of your passcode you need to tap the character and it should get a box around it to show that it's active, and then double-tap it to type it.

You can turn VoiceOver 'off' by off (using the tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) by going into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off' ; or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5018

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2014 11:55 PM in response to seacapt21

How did you turn VoiceOver 'on' e.g. does a triple-click of the home button turn it on/off ?

With VoiceOver 'on' you need to use a tap-to-select and then double-tap-to-activate process - so to type a character of your passcode you need to tap the character and it should get a box around it to show that it's active, and then double-tap it to type it.

You can turn VoiceOver 'off' by off (using the tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling) by going into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off' ; or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5018

My Iphone 5S is frozen after turning on Voice over.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.