Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 bluetooth keyboard bugs and keyboard shortcuts missing!

Just updated to iOs 8 on Iphone 5 and iPad 4. Regretting it!

All keyboard shortcust are missing (on both). Switched off & on icloud documents & data a number of times with no change.

Nearly everything with BT keyboard is broken (CMD and arrow, quick replying to imessages, typing in icloud photos sharing, selecting drop down boxes on web pages) - unbelievable.

Even quick reply with alert notification can't be used as the quick reply box gets pushed down behind the keyboard (!!).

Ios 8 is laggy, buggy and crashes apps all the time on both my devices. Unexpected and unacceptable from APple. Need to stop marching in rallies supporting political issues and supporting religious intolerance and fix their software..

If any one can help with any of the above I'd be very happy - but otherwise I think I'll be downgrading to a stable version.

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 3:21 AM

3 replies

Oct 1, 2014 5:17 PM in response to bonzabuy

The issue with the quick reply feature in notifications for iMessage is that the bluetooth keyboard is running for the app and not for the iMessage quick reply. Apple fixed this with their virtually keyboard but this needs to be reported to Apple under bug reporting so that its fixed. The same issue with the Apple's drop down selection boxes does not come up because the bluetooth keyboard is still tied to the app running. Please please please file a bug report to Apple as a developer because they do get to these bugs.

ios 8 bluetooth keyboard bugs and keyboard shortcuts missing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.