Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS and iTunes 11.4 Syncing Issues

After updating to iOS8 and iTunes 11.4, I am no longer able to sync music onto my iPod Touch 5th Gen. I tried restoring my iPod, but nothing is happening. Does anyone know how to fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 8, 5th Generation

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 4:08 AM

16 replies

Sep 22, 2014 5:01 AM in response to sk8ercorey

What exactly happens when you try to sync?

Does iTunes see the iPod?

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Sep 22, 2014 2:36 PM in response to lllaass

When I select my artist under the Syncing tab, I click to sync. From there it starts syncing, and completes the sync, but the songs aren't on my iPod. I've also tried dragging to the right and syncing music that way, and it won't even start the sync process. It seems as if the new version of iOS8 is preventing me for some odd reason to sync music.

Sep 22, 2014 3:32 PM in response to sk8ercorey

What exactly happens when you try to sync?

Does iTunes see the iPod?

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced besides updating to iOS 8?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Also maybe:

iOS 8: sync problem- Artwork

Sep 24, 2014 1:17 PM in response to sk8ercorey

Try turning off iTunes Match. That worked for me and 'Sync' button was lit up again. However, beware that you might not be able to re-sync more than a single playlist, whether importing or manually dragging/dropping from iTunes. Also, beware that if you attempt to sync a playlist, you will be completely unable to sync your iPod after that (it will indefinitely tell you that it is "waiting for changes to be be applied" and no longer sync, until you delete all of your music and re-do this entire process). Apple needs to address this issue ASAP.

Sep 24, 2014 1:49 PM in response to lllaass

The problem lies not with the iPod 5th gen or iTunes 11.4, but with iOS 8. Therefore, any preset list of instructions specific to iTunes Match on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to successfully sync the device will not provide a full resolution to the syncing issue until the problem is resolved by Apple. My suggestions to the OP merely stated a workaround, with admonitions of what to expect, until that occurs.

Oct 5, 2014 6:33 AM in response to sk8ercorey

I found on my iPhone 5, after the iOS 8.02 & iTunes 11.4 update I couldn't get my music to sync, by normal means, either. I found this to work:

When connecting your device via cable, opening up iTunes and under the "Summary tab" I had to check "Sync only checked songs and videos" (I had them all checked in my library of songs I wanted) and I also checked "Manually manage music and videos". ONLY then was I able to sync my library on my PC with my device. All my songs are back on my phone now. Try it, hope it works...User uploaded file

Oct 5, 2014 7:08 AM in response to sk8ercorey

Hello

I guess, I have simmilar problem, but not the same

Today I detected, that some songs missed from my playlist on iPod. When I connect to iTunes I can see this

User uploaded file

In status bar, when I select all songs in MUSIC, I can see 2237 songs. But general status displays 2214 songs, and some songs have ! - sight, (look pic.)

On my iPod I have 2214, 23 songs missed. I didn't delete these 23 songs.

How can I solve this problem?

iPod touch 5th gen. iOs 8.0.2, latest iTunes, manual sync. I have this problem on 2 different PC (Win7 x32, x64)

Jan 25, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Melissco

Hi ,

I still have this issue with my daughters ipod 5 touch (ios 8.1.2) and itunes 11.4. When I sync the dialog box at the top of itunes states the playlist was added. However, on the ipod the playlist does not exist. I executed a complete backup and restore with no success resolving this problem.

The is a base use case and should operate flawlessly.

Apple QA in my honest opinion has degraded over the past few years.

Appreciate any guidance you can provide.

iOS and iTunes 11.4 Syncing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.