Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 Podcasts some feeds broken

Hi all,

I am subscribed to many podcasts in the podcast app. Ever since IOS8 was rolled out, some of them (but not all) will not download or show any new episodes. When a new episode is released, I can see it on Itunes on my Windows PC, but it will not appear on the Podcast app in IOS8 (Iphone 5S).

I have checked the settings and it is set to download all episodes.

If I go to the search tab, and then search for the podcast in question, I can force it to download, and then it appears in my podcast feed. However the next new episode of the same podcast (some are daily podcasts) doesn't appear.

I have tried unsubscribing from the podcast and then resubscribing, but this didn't work - it still shows all the episodes in the feed, up until the date IOS8 was released.

I cannot delete the app because you are apparently unable to delete the podcast app in IOS8.

There are some of my podcasts that are still syncing and downloading normally, but there are a large number that are not.

thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:37 AM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2014 2:18 PM in response to Patthesplat

I'm having the same issues. Along with this I've noticed that my podcasts will not download automatically overnight like they did in iOS7. I need to manually open the app before they check and download. Then, on 3 occasions now, none of them would play! I had to restart the phone before I could get any audio.

IOS 8 Podcasts some feeds broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.